Sunday, May 24, 2009

Psycho Parents, WTF? or America Eats Its Young

I've been stunned lately, looking at the headlines. I have resisted blogging about this because I'm not trying to turn this into the child abuse and child murder blog. Really, WTF parents?

First I saw the mother in New Mexico who suffocated her 3-year-old and buried him in the playground sand. Then there was the icy-looking nutjob in Georgia who was sentenced to 100 years for feeding his two little kids poison in their soup, hoping to extort money from Campbell's Soup. This morning I see the story about an Oregon woman who is accused of drowning her 4-year-old in the river.

Are people losing their senses, or am I just hearing about it more often than would have been possible in the pre-internet era? Lots of people are really stressed out these days. I, for one, am glad that I am not a homeless 23-year-old single mother. Times are tough, but is that an excuse to abandon our humanity and turn into a bunch of crocodiles?

No comments:

Post a Comment